SOILTECH, a sub-division of Franki, offers a complete geotechnical investigation service to consulting engineers, contractors, private developers, client bodies and an in-house service to all the geotechnical operations of Franki.
Range of SOILTECH Services
Rotary Core Drilling
As a specialist Geotechnical drilling contractor, SOILTECH concentrates on achieving the best possible core recovery in all materials.
- The following in-situ tests are offered:
- Standard Penetration Tests
- Vane shear tests
- Piezometer installations
- Shelby and piston tube sampling
- Core orientation
- Density testing
- Auger trial holes
- Test pits
- Bulk and undisturbed soil sampling
- Dynamic cone penetration tests
- Cone penetration tests
Environmental and Sundry Services
- Installation of water wells
- Ground water monitoring and sampling
- Sonic pile integrity testing
- Vertical and horizontal plate load tests
The cost of an adequate investigation is very low in comparison to the total cost of a project. The consequences of not providing sufficient, accurate and reliable geotechnical information, however, can have a significant effect on a project and can lead to delays and extras during the construction phase.